27 Brick Rocket Stove [Wood Stove]

 


I had a comment about wood burning stove so I thought I'd show my main one. This is a really easy project and can be easily dismantled and moved. It requires no cement or mortar and once you have the bricks can be erected in under 10 minutes. 

Requirements

27 Bricks

Any type will do. I went for the driveway type as they were on offer at the time. The only work needed is to cut one brick in half, used in the first 2 layers. If you have a brick bolster or old chisel and a hammer this is easily done [even an old flat screwdriver will do]

I made a 3D render to help show how it's put together layer by layer.

When putting it together make sure bricks are well butted together to minimise air getting through the sides.

With the visual aid, it shouldn't be difficult for anyone to make and takes very few twigs and sticks to get going. It also produces a very strong flame, so doesn't take long to boil a kettle. A small square of chicken wire makes a good pot stand for the top so that there is airflow.
There are many demonstrations of Rocket Stoves on YouTube if you're unsure how to use them.


I hope you find this useful.






Comments

Popular Posts