Everything tastes better Kentucky Fried!

 One of my all-time favourite take-out foods is KFC. It's a bit pricy these days putting it out of my budget. Good thing I know a way around this. Last night I looked in the cupboard and saw a solitary can of spam. Whilst I like this fried as a bacon alternative or thinly sliced in sandwiches with mustard I was hungry and fancied something warm and quick. Popped on a wee pot of potatoes to boil then made KFS, Kentucky Fried Spam :)

Method

Make a quick batter of flour, water and a pinch of salt. About a cupful and the thickness of double cream.
Slice the Spam or any other cooked meat you have, leftover chicken is amazing.
For the coating, a cup of plain flour, 1tsp paprika, 1tsp pepper, 1tsp dried oregano, 1tsp all-purpose seasoning or bullion powder and 1tsp salt. Mix well or process for a few seconds so it combines the flavours.
Heat a frying pan with some oil then take a piece of meat, dip it in batter then in the flour mixture so it gets a generous coating then place gently in hot oil. Continue till all the meat is done this way and fry till you see the edges browning then turn over each piece. Once crisp on both sides remove and drain on kitchen paper ( I use sheets of old Metro newspaper for this, it's free and works well)
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts