Last Good thing out of 2021!

 


Popped up to my allotment today to do some general maintenance and tidying up. After thinning down plants around my pond and a bit of weeding I sat in the winter sunshine to enjoy some respite. Tackled my polytunnel, pruning grapevines and fig trees. Time for another break, while sitting enjoying what mother nature had to offer in sights and sounds my eyes drifted to a small bed. I'd knocked this up out of some scrap wood last season as a neighbour had given me some extra seed potatoes. Well, I forgot it, meant to lift them for Christmas but still had some at home so slipped my mind. So armed with a garden fork I went to see if the slugs had missed any and was surprised to be gifted with this crop. Pleased with my surprise I went home to make some Stovies 🤤

Comments

Popular Posts